WINTER WONDERLAND - TILLES PARK CARRIAGE RIDES
Every year during the holiday season, Tilles Park is transformed into a Winter Wonderland with more than a million twinkling lights and various holiday scenes, including a special holiday wreath, a toy factory, holiday bells, a bubbling stream, a tunnel of lights, and of course, Santa and his reindeer, making it one of the most popular Christmas light displays in the area. Make your visit extra special with a horse-drawn carriage ride through the park!
Winter Wonderland opens November 22, 2017 and closes December 30, 2017. Closed Christmas Eve (December 24, 2017).
Winter Wonderland is open for vehicular traffic Sunday through Friday from 5:30pm-9:30pm. Saturdays are closed to vehicular traffic and reserved for carriage rides only.
Horse drawn carriage rides are available every night except Christmas Eve. Advanced reservations are recommended, and ticket prices vary depending on type of carriage and number in party. Several sizes of carriages are available, and not all are offered every night. Carriage departures begin at 5:30pm and continue at regular intervals each night. You must purchase for a specific departure time. Everyone two years and older counts towards capacity.
December 16, 2017 - TBADecember 17, 2017 - TBADecember 19, 2017 - TBADecember 20, 2017 - TBADecember 21, 2017 - TBADecember 22, 2017 - TBADecember 23, 2017 - TBADecember 25, 2017 - TBADecember 26, 2017 - TBADecember 27, 2017 - TBADecember 28, 2017 - TBADecember 29, 2017 - TBADecember 30, 2017 - TBA
Check back here for any weather-related event updates.
Sweetheart (Couples Private) Carriage - Seats 2 people
$55 + $5.00 service charge
Snowflake (Small Private) Carriage - Seats up to 6 people
$80 + $9.75 service charge
Candy Cane (Large Private) Carriage - Seats up to 9 people
$120 + $12.50 service charge
Santa's Sleigh (Large Group) Carriage - Seats up to 24 people
$12 per person (adult or child) + $2.50 service charge
Persons purchasing these tickets will ride in a large open carriage with other patrons. The entire carriage can be reserved by purchasing all 24 seats.
How to Purchase
- Click here for a printable schedule and map. From the schedule page, you may click the carriage type on any date to link directly to the order page for that particular carriage type/date.
- OR: Click the BUY TICKETS button to first select your carriage type, then you will select the date and carriage time on subsequent pages.
- Some dates, times, or carriage types may be unavailable.
- When using the "Purchase By Price" option, select the tour time by using the "Select Price Level" drop-down menu. The "Section" name on your confirmation will be your carriage time.
Please allow plenty of time to arrive at the parking area. Traffic volume is extremely high.
The Carriage Ride staging area is located at the McCarthy Brothers company parking lot. Carriage ride patrons should not proceed to Tilles Park.
Do not attempt to enter the parking/staging area from Litzsinger Road. Use the McKnight entrance only.
We suggest entering from Manchester Road to avoid traffic to make it to your carriage ride on time. Please allow for extra time to get to the park.
From Manchester Road: head north on McKnight Rd approximately ¾ of a mile. After you pass Old Warson Rd continue approximately 100 yards and make a left onto the McCarthy Building Company entrance way and follow the signs to the parking area. There will be a lighted road sign directing you to the McCarthy Building entrance way. You may also take Brentwood Blve. to Litzinger Road, make a left at McKnight Road and the McCarthy Brothers lot will be on your right.
For more detailed directions, please visit the St. Louis County Parks website HERE.
- Click here for a printable schedule and map.
- Tickets are also available on-site for same day sales only. (No advance tickets will be sold on-site.) Many times sell out in advance, so availability on-site will be limited. Credit cards and cash will be accepted at the staging area.
- Children who have not yet celebrated their second birthday do not require a ticket, but must sit on an adult's lap. Limit one free child per paid adult.
- Everyone two years and older counts towards capacity.
- There are no refunds unless the event is cancelled by St. Louis County Parks.
- This is an outdoor event. Please dress appropriately for the weather. Blankets may be brought onto the carriage.
- Customers are welcome to bring "personal" sized food and beverage items (ie small thermos, wine, cheese) onboard the carriage rides.
- Please allow ample time to arrive and park prior to your scheduled departure.
- The approximate time of the carriage tour is 20 minutes
- Ticket sales end at 3pm on the day of the event.
- Only one carriage may be purchased in a single online transaction at a time. For more than one carriage, you may add the first to the shopping cart, then "Continue Shopping" to add another or contact MetroTix by phone at 314-534-1111 to make the purchase.
- Please keep in mind the carriage drivers do accept gratuity.
- Pets are not allowed on carriages.
- The first step for entry to Snowflake Carriages is at least 14 inches from the ground. Larger carriages have a greater distance. There is no platform or step for entry, but guest may bring their own step, if needed.
9551 Litzsinger Road , St. Louis, Missouri 63124